Friday, June 11, 2010

What to do with 3 weeks in the South Pacific?

With the yoga teacher training coming to an end in 3 days, the villa's been abuzz with plans for traveling afterwards...making a decision has never been harder! So here's my preliminary plan as of now, though of course, there's always room for more.

1. Nusa Dua, Bali
The day after the course ends, my friend Marianne and I are (hopefully) heading down to Nusa Dua to study more intensively with one of our yoga instructors, Mark, for a few days...or maybe a week...


to give a little perspective, I have been in Canggu, just North of Seminyak-Legian on the westcoast and Nusa Dua is further South on the eastcoast.

2. Gili Islands, Lombok, Indonesia
After our time in Nusa Dua, Marianne and I are meeting up with one of our other friends and flatmates, Sally, and taking the ferry over to the Gili Islands off the coast of Lombok (to the east). The Gilis are three islands that are supposed to have the most gorgeous white sands and crystal blue waters human eyes have ever seen. We'll probably spend at least 5 days there snorkeling, drinking things out of coconuts, and generally living the good life.



#3(?)After that totally exhausting holiday, I have about a week left in Indo to do who-knows-what. Sally and I have been contemplating a Thelma and Louise type road trip around Bali, except in our version we'll be on a scooter and will hopefully survive to tell the tale.

I'm also on the hunt around Bali for these...


Eucalyptus Deglupta, or Rainbow Eucalyptus, is indigenous to the Philippines and Indonesia and I have been on the lookout--I know I am my father's child when it would totally make my trip to be able to find one of these little beauties.

4. Sydney, Australia
One of my other friends here, Gali, lives in Sydney with her fiance and has graciously invited me to come stay with them for a few days before I head back to San Francisco. I will leave Bali on Friday, July 2, red-eye it to arrive in Sydney on the morning of the 3rd, and stay until the 7th. Earlier in the month I had kind of given up on the idea of getting to see Sydney on this trip, but luckily everything worked out for the better!


it'll be a nice transition I think, spending a few vacation days in a city again after so much island living. I can't wait!



4 comments:

  1. so amazing em! Sounds like such a fun adventure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds incredible!! can't wait to see pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. EM! When you are in Sydney you have go to Pancakes on the Rock (www.pancakesontherocks.com.au/home). I am so totally drolling over their Devils Delight right now. My top other four things to do in Sydney include: walk around the street markets, drink champagne at the Sydney Opera House, go surfing at Bondi Beach and take pictures of the flowers at the Botanic Gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish i could go to all those places!! They look amazing!!

    Btw your blog is great! I'm your newest follower!!
    Mine is www.nycislandgal.com
    Hope you like it and share the love by following me too! ;)

    ReplyDelete