Monday, July 5, 2010

Back to Bali...

After our interesting trip to the Gili Islands, I was very glad to be back on familiar ground in Bali. There really is just something so pleasant as returning to the ease of Bali after 5 days of unpredictable in Lombok! Marianne and I decided to park it in Ubud for the remainder of our time--she leaving the following day, while I had another week to spend exploring the northern part of the country with my girl, Sally. And as the next few posts will attest, Ubud doesn't disappoint! It's definitely my new favorite city and a place I will be returning to in the future--the food, the shopping, the art--plus it's only a short distance away from miles of picturesque rice paddies and lush mountains with waterfalls. What more could you ask for?

door carving

birds of paradise

the Donald Homestay where Sally and I camped it for the week

 
Ganesh

say cheese


the Balinese even make stone walls pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment